I’m back in the saddle again!
Okay, maybe not actually IN the saddle. I’ve never ridden a horse. In truth, I’m a little afraid to get up close and personal with them, though I love them from afar. We have a number of miniature horses in the area and I check on them constantly…from my car. I love them and worry about them on days I don’t catch a glimpse.
Anyhoo, I digress. But that’s okay, because it’s November and in November digression is not only allowed, but encouraged. That’s right folks, it’s time for NaNoWriMo.
- This is my 10th go at the 50,000 words in 30 days challenge.
- I’ve managed to win bragging rights 9 times.
- 8 of those manuscripts started during NaNoWriMo have been published.
- 1 was shelved* even though I made it 67k words in. I couldn’t go on with that one because I just couldn’t get it to be what I wanted it to be. Maybe one day….
My NaNo projects have been:
- Contentment – 2009
- Commitment – 2010
- Inamorata – 2011
- Hot Nights in St. Blaise – 2012
- Containment – 2013*
- A Will and a Way – 2014
- Love and Rockets – 2015
- Easy Bake Lovin’ – 2016
- Double Play – 2017
So you see why I need to round it out, right? 10 years, 10 wins.
Plus, I need the challenge. It’s been an okay writing year in terms of production, but not a great one. I’d like to finish strong.
I’m on track so far and will keep plugging away at it. Wish me luck!
Thank you to all who helped make the launch of DOUBLE PLAY such a success.
I appreciate your support and hope you are enjoying Avery and Dom’s story!
If you haven’t grabbed your copy, here are some handy-dandy links!