Monday Mayhem – Behind the curtain
Here’s the thing no one tells you when you start down this road: There are times when being an author is mind-bogglingly tedious. It’s true. The making up stories and writing them down is just a teensy-tiny little bit of what an author does day in and day out.
Sunday was a perfect example. Here’s a brief rundown of how I spent my day:
1) Replied to blog post comments.
2) Shared links on social media pages.
3) Wrote additional scene for story I’m revising.
4) Updated links on websites.
5) Entered author and book data for upcoming app release.
6) Adapted a manuscript to fit a house style guide.
7) Wrote this blog post.
8) Email correspondence.
And though I’ve clocked over 2,000 words today, not one of these things has resulted in fresh new story being added to my work in progress. And when one only has about 2-3 hours of author time per night…well, you get the picture.
So yeah, this is turning into a half-assed want ad for an assistant. One willing to work for peanuts. Literally. I’ve got a bag of Beer Nuts here for the lucky
victim uh, volunteer. Apply in the comments below.
Oh, and I was serious about the peanuts.
So, tell me, if you could hire someone to handle any aspect of your life for you, what would it be?